Photo of the Month
Photo of the Month Contest
The photo of the month contest provides you with the opportunity to allow you to compare your work with that of others, as you perhaps think about entering our outside exhibits. It’s good training, and by compelling you to focus on specific themes you learn and grow in your photography. A Board member will be at the display to answer questions and encourage participation.
2019 Photo of the Month Themes
Previous Photo of the Month Winners: 2018
Rules and Information
- You must be a member in good standing to enter.
- Each image must have been made in the prior 12 months.
- Images printed to a maximum 8.5″ x 11″ size.
- There will be 3 categories each month. You may enter one photograph in your choice of 2 of the 3.
- Images identified on the reverse side with your name
- A provided self-adhesive number is to be affixed to a front corner.
- Voting will be by number and not by the name of the photographer.
- Voting will determine a first and second place in each category.
- There will be a total of 6 winners each month, announced at the close of the meeting. Winners must follow the instructions below for submitting their image(s) for sharing on various media.
A Blurb book of all winning images will be offered for sale in December.
Instructions for Photo of the Month Winners
Sizing and Submitting Images
- Resize your image to 2000 pixels along the longest edge (see Image Sizing Instructions for help with resizing)
- Down-sample your image so it less then 1MB
- Save image as a .jpg format
- Name your image: <full name> – <category> <(position)>
- Example: Mary Smith – Vibrant (1st Place)
- Use the Submission Form below to upload your image and include the requested information
All fields must be answered. If you won two categories, please use the form twice and submit each image with the associated description.
IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES AT ALL UPLOADING IMAGES, PLEASE EMAIL OUR WEBMASTER WITH A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM.