Photo of the Month
Photo of the Month Contest (6:00 - 6:30 PM)
The Photo of the Month contest takes place during our Monthly Meetings and provides you with the opportunity to compare your work with that of others, as you perhaps think about entering our outside exhibits. It’s good training, and by compelling you to focus on specific themes you learn and grow in your photography. A Board member will be at the display to answer questions and encourage participation.
We are adding a new option for sharing your images called The Gallery Wall. This is an open theme and will follow the same printing guidelines as POTM, but without any voting. This is an opportunity to share your work in a format that isn’t competitive. We’ll use one side of the POTM displays and the table used for other displays, if necessary. There is a limit of 1 image per person and you will get 1 President’s Cup point for participating. If you also enter images in the POTM, you will not receive an additional participation point for participating in both.
Rules and Information
- You must be a member in good standing to enter.
- Each image must have been made in the prior 12 months.
- There will be 3 categories each month. You may enter up to 2 images, but not in the same category.
- Voting will determine a first and second place in each category.
- There will be a total of 6 winners each month, announced at the close of the meeting. Winners must follow the instructions below for submitting their image(s) for sharing on various media.
- Applies to in-person meetings only:
- Images printed to a maximum 8.5″ x 12″ size.
- Images identified on the reverse side with your name
- A provided self-adhesive number is to be affixed to a front corner.
- Voting will be by number and not by the name of the photographer.
At the end of the year, all the submitted images will be compiled into a “Year in Review” presentation.
Instructions for Photo of the Month Winners
Sizing and Submitting Images
- Resize your image to 2000 pixels along the longest edge (see Image Sizing Instructions for help with resizing)
- Down-sample your image so it is less than 1MB
- Save image as a .jpg format
- Use the Submission Form below to upload your image and include the requested information
IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES AT ALL UPLOADING IMAGES, PLEASE EMAIL OUR WEBMASTER WITH A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM.