APPLICATION & GIVING
Dick Dougall Educational Photography Grant
Sponsored by the Brentwood Photography Group
The Brentwood Photography Group (BPG), a not-for-profit 501(c) (3) organization, was established over 20 years ago to promote photography education in the Middle Tennessee area.
BPG has established a fund to promote and advance the art of photography to young people from 6th to 12th grade in the Davidson and Williamson County area.
The Dick Dougall Educational Photography Grant will award one grant per year to a school, Boy/Girl Scout group, 4H, or similar youth related organization to encourage youth in the art of photography.
If you are interested in applying for this grant, please complete the application.
The Dick Dougall Educational Photography Grant is made possible largely by the contributions from BPG members. Thank you!
This grant has been awarded several times, and the recipients have each taught photography skills to youth and young people in amazing ways.
The Dick Dougall Educational Photography Grant Committee’s goal is for this yearly grant to become self-funded; and, toward that end, we are inviting contributions for this fund.
You can make your contributions by credit card or direct payment from your checking account using PayPal to email@example.com or by a check mailed to Brentwood Photography Group, PO Box 321, Brentwood, TN 37024-0321.
The purpose of the Dick Dougall Educational Photography Grant is to encourage the teaching of photography in 6th through 12th grades in classes and extra-curricular activities in schools and in organized youth-related organizations in Davidson and Williamson Counties in Tennessee. This award, for up to $500, is named in honor of Dick Dougall who was founder and first president and is a longtime promoter and supporter of the Brentwood Photography Group and of photography.
To encourage the incorporation of photography in the schools and youth-related organizations of Davidson and Williamson Counties. Possibilities include photographic principles, elements, self-expression, styles, history of and/or techniques and various photographic types such as artistic, street, journalistic, abstract, portrait, architecture, nature, landscape, macro, etc. All types of cameras welcome, including phones.
Any adult program leader in a youth-related organization or middle or high school teacher currently teaching in a school in Williamson or Davidson County, Tennessee, is eligible to apply. Interested parties would need to submit an application describing their plans and how the money would be used.
The selection will be made based on the following three criteria:
- Clarity of the project and how the funds would be used
- Thoughtful, realistic proposal, budget and timeline for the project
- Completed application
- May 15, 2024 – Application deadline
- August 15, 2024 – Award announced
- August 31, 2024 – Check mailed
- September or October 2024 – Grant recipient will make a brief presentation describing the project at the BPG meeting
- April, 2025 – Grant recipient will submit documentation of the project and how the funds were used. A brief presentation or display of any materials, photos, etc. from the project is strongly encouraged. A minimum of one adult leader or teacher and a youth representative would do the brief presentation at a BPG meeting on a negotiated date.
- If you have any questions please email us.